Saturday, April 30, 2016

Week 15: Final Week Lamp Completed

This week, being our final week, we draw this semester to a close. We had done a lot this semester and it has finally come to fruition. After over a month of work, we have completed our lamps. The semester is over and with it, new found knowledge in the workings of 3-D art and t tools used in it.With it finally done, I feel exhausted but refreshed, too. Below are some pictures of it.












Composition: The materials I used construct the lamp were sheets of cardboard, a Zing Laser Printer, ruler, computer, boxcutters, cutting mat, pencil, light source (existing table lamp), wood glue, and a brush. With these materials I was able to construct this lamp.

Craft: After creating the illustrator files the previous week, I proceeded to the Zing Laser Printer with pre-cut sheets of cardboard, 10x10 and 18x5. With these, I then cut our the shapes and the sides. Once they were cut, I then glued the corresponding pieces together for the base with a brush and wood glue and taped the lamp sides with masking tape. Occasionally, I would have to trim the pieces to fit. Once that was complete, I inserted the lamp and It was done. This is the results.


Concept: The concept of this lamp was to show the life cycle of a chicken because  I wanted to portray the cycle of life in an endless loop. The shapes are also lit to indicate that they are of life, brightness and light as synonyms of it. I also wanted to show a lighthearted side to it which is why I chose to use a chicken which, to me, is a funny animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment