Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 14: Final Lamp Files

This week we finalized our illustrator files to laser print our lamps pieces to assemble them. However, unlike last week, we utilized Adobe Illustrator. This following week, we will be cutting and assembling them. These were my results of Illustrator drafting.









Composition: The materials I used to design these shapes were Adobe Illustrator and a Mac Desktop computer. From these materials, I was able to with some challenge, create the animal shapes by using silhouette images from the internet as a base for this pentagon lamp.

Craft: First, I created a 5x18 inch  file in illustrator. Once I had the rulers and grid on, I  proceeded to search the internet for suitable silhouettes for my lamp. After creating line art with the line tool for each of the five sizes on separate levels, I then changed the default stroke settings of the lines from points to inches, 0.001 inches. With the illustrator file complete, now all we have to do is send it to the laser printer to cut.


Concept: The concept of these pieces was completing our lamp designs for cutting. The reason why I chose to do the life cycle of a chicken is because  I wanted to portray the cycle of life in an endless loop. But I also wanted to show a lighthearted side to it which is why I chose to use a chicken which, to me, is a funny animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment